Body Mass Index or BMI or Quetelet calculation: – BMI or body mass index can be a useful screening tool for predicting certain health risks, it is important to include their age and sex when taking a BMI measurement because their bodies continuously change as they develop. BMI is a person’s weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters, a high BMI can be an indicator of high body fatness.
Weight is measured with underwear but no shoes or anything extra. Here is a chart for man and woman that gives various height and weight. To use the chart ‘find your weight in the hand column labeled height’, ‘move across your body weight’, ‘the number at the top of column is the BODY MASS INDEX (BMI) for height and weight.
Chart for men and women that gives BMI for various heights and weights. To use the chart, discover your height in the left-hand column Height and go across your body weight. The number at the top of the column is BMI of your height and weight.
If you desire to drop weight, it’s important to perform so slowly. Lose/Drop no more than 1/2 pound to two pounds in a week. There’s no magical tricks for weight loss, you should eat low calories than you habit up in daily scheme/activities, just how much calories you burn daily depends on constituent like body size and what physically active you are doing. 1 pound equivalent to 3,500 calories. So, to lose 1 pound a week, you need to eat 500 calories a day less or burn 500 calories a day more than you usually do. It’s greatest to workout some mixing of both eating less and being plenty of physically active.
One of the foremost essential key you can execute to control weight is being physically active. All you require is 30 minutes of moderate-intensiveness physical activity on supremely days (5-6 days) in a week. Examples of such activities are brisk walking, bicycling, raking leaves, and gardening.
Physical activities to control BMI
- Playing volleyball for 45-60 minutes
- Playing touch football for 45 minutes
- Walking 2 miles in 30 minutes (4
milein 15 minutes)
- Shooting baskets for 30 minutes
- Bicycling 5 miles in 30 minutes
- Dancing fast (social) for 30 minutes
- Performing water aerobics for 30 minutes
- Swimming laps for 20 minutes
- Playing basketball for 145-20 minutes
- Jumping rope for 15 minutes
- 1.5 miles running in 15 minutes (1 mile running in 10 minutes)
- Waxing and Washing a car for 45 to 60 minutes
- Washing floors or windows for 45 to 60 minutes
- Gardening for 30-45 minutes
- Wheeling self for 30 to 40 minutes in wheelchairs
- Pushing a stroller 1.5 miles in 30 minutes
- Raking leaves for 30 minutes
- Shoveling snow for 15 minutes
- Stair walking for 15 minutes
NOTE:- You can also divide 30 minutes into a short period of less than 10 minutes.
“Body Mass Index or BMI or Quetelet calculation”