When it comes to losing weight, the rules are simple: consume fewer calories on a daily basis. Suppose your calorie consumption is around 3,500 calories per day, so you must reduce 500 calories per day, which will cause you to lose 1 lb. To find out the number of calories from different foods. – It can be difficult to eat early or plan a meal. A healthy and nutritious diet plan plays an important role in maintaining the overall health of the body. Nowadays people are opting for vegetarian food. A vegetarian diet can also help in weight loss by providing essential nutrients to the body.
What are the benefits of a vegetarian diet for weight loss
One of the benefits of a vegetarian diet is that you are cutting down probably high-calorie foods, such as fatty meat, poultry with skin, and processed meat. Vegetarian food contains no animal meat and sometimes no animal products. A Lacto-Ovo chooses to eat vegetarian plant foods as well as dairy and eggs; A Lacto vegetarian eats dairy and no eggs; An Ovo-vegetarian eats eggs only, but not dairy. A vegetarian only consumes foods. All can help you lose weight, but Lacto-Ovo vegetarian changes need to be more careful to avoid whole-fat dairy and baked setups made from butter and eggs.
A 2007 study in the journal Obesity compared weight loss diet, or TLC, a low-fat vegetarian diet promoted by the National Cholesterol Education Program on weight loss and weight loss maintenance for 14 weeks. Researchers found that vegans lost more weight and maintained lost weight better than TLC dieters. The TLC diet restricts fat intake, advising dieters to skip butter and cheese as well as red meat, but allows dieters to eat lean animal protein, including skinless chicken and fish Huh. Vegetarian food consists of leafy greens, starchy vegetables, soy protein, beans and legumes, and some nuts and oils.
Before starting a weight loss or cutting plan, your first step is to calculate your daily calorie requirement. Everyone has different height/weight/age, so they need different calories. Follow the 3 steps below to find out your calorie intake.
STEP-1: Calculate BMR
[No or light exercises]
|BMR x 1.2= CALORIES|
[1-3 days/week exercise]
|BMR x 1.375= CALORIES|
[3-5 days/week exercise]
|BMR x 1.55= CALORIES|
[6-7 days/week exercises]
|BMR x 1.725= CALORIES|
[physical job or
very hard exercises]
|BMR x 1.90= CALORIES|
STEP-2: Start maintenance calculation
- FORMULA= BMR x 1.5
- Let’s assume BMR= 1700,
- Then, 1700 x 1.7= 2890 calories
- Therefore, 2890 are maintenance calories.
STEP-3: Subtract to lose extra calories
|SUBTRACT CALORIES||LOSE LBS PER WEEK|
|2640 calories= [2890 – 250]||0.5 lbs|
|2390 calories= [2890 – 500]||1 lbs|
|1890 calories= [2890 – 1000]||2 lbs|
Vegetarian foods that help in weight loss
To lose weight, choose a vegetarian diet that is rich in whole, minimally processed plant foods. Depending on your specific diet, you can also include dairy or eggs.
- Choose high-fiber vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, leafy greens, and mushrooms, which can help you stay full and reduce calorie intake.
- High-protein foods for vegetarians include beans, nuts, seeds, lentils, eggs, dairy products, and soy foods (such as tempeh, tofu, and edamame).
- Eat complex carb foods, foods that increase fullness include whole grains, starchy vegetables, fruits, and legumes.
- High-calorie foods, pair of nuts, seeds, and low-fat foods with healthy fats so you don’t overheat.
- Non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli, bell peppers, cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggplants, carrots, celery, and cucumber.
- Starchy vegetables such as peas, potatoes, corn, and winter squash.
- Fruits such as berries, oranges, apples, bananas, grapes, citrus, kiwi, and mangoes.
- Whole grains such as quinoa, brown rice, furrow, millet, barley, and bulgur wheat.
- Beans and legumes such as lentils, black beans, pinto beans, and kidney beans.
- Nuts and seeds such as almonds, walnuts, pistachios, cashews, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and nut butter.
- Lean proteins such as bean protein, legumes, nuts, seeds, nut butter, eggs, Greek yogurt, milk, and soy products such as tofu, tempeh, and edamame.
- Healthy fats such as avocado, olive oil, coconut, nuts, seeds, nut butter, and cheese.
- Water and other healthy drinks such as naturally scented seltzer, fruit-infected water, and plain coffee or tea.
Vegetarian Grocery List for weight loss
|White Egg, Whey Protein, Casein Protein, Chia seed, Paneer, Soy Chunk, Kidney Beans, Milk|
|Pear, Apple, Banana, Raisins, Chia seed, Sweet Potato, Broccoli, Quinoa, Brown Rice, Kidney Beans, Milk|
|Whole egg, Chia seed, Paneer, Peanut Butter|
|Casein Protein, Whey Protein Isolate, Glutamine, BCAA, Carnitine, Multivitamins|
vegetarian diet plan for cutting or weight loss
CALORIES= 2000 (approx)
BREAKFAST MEAL MICROBREAKDOWN [P=35g, C=26g, F=5g]
|EGG BHURJI & FRUIT:-|
|Pear or Apple||1|
MID-MORNING MEAL MICROBREAKDOWN [P=34g, C=22g, F=10g]
|Whey Protein Isolate||1 scoop|
|Chia Seeds||1 spoon|
LUNCH MEAL MICROBREAKDOWN [P=22g, C=55g, F=16g]
|2 ½ cup|
MID-AFTERNOON MEAL MICROBREAKDOWN [P=34g, C=53g, F=4g]
|SOYA CHUNKS BROWN RICE|
OR QUINOA BEANS:-
|Brown Rice or Quinoa||½ cup|
|Kidney Beans||1/3 cup|
PRE-WORKOUT (SUPPLEMENT INTAKE)
DURING WORKOUT (SUPPLEMENT INTAKE)
POST-WORKOUT (SUPPLEMENT INTAKE) [P=50g, C=0g, F=0g]
|Whey Protein Isolate||25-50g|
DINNER MEAL MICROBREAKDOWN [P=34g, C=53g, F=4g]
|Peanut Butter||½ tbsp|
|Casein Protein||1 scoop|